Wednesday 21 December 2011

NOTD - On Wednesday's We Wear Pink - Essie A Cut Above

Good Day Lovelies!

Today I am wearing a beautiful mani (even if I do say so myself!) For this manicure I used 2 coats of China Glaze's "Liquid Leather" nail polish - a super glossy black creme (my go to black!) Once the base was dry I painted a thin coat of Essie's "A Cut Above" from the Luxeffects Collection 2011. A Cut Above is a stunning clear based polish packed full of vintage rose pink large, medium and micro hexagon glitter. I started the thin coat by striking the brush upwards from 1/3 of the way down the nail. The coverage was good and I was deliberately trying not to distribute too much glitter in an effort to create a gradient effect. To finish the gradient effect I applied a thicker coat more towards the tip end of my nail. To finish I used two coats of Seche Vite Top Coat to smooth it all out!

I absolutely adore this mani and it looks so pretty! It's very glam, girly and glitzy (my kinda manicure!)

So what do you think? X

3 comments:

  1. wow! i love the way that looks over black, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They look gorgeous! Its Caddy, Amy's mum here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joy! Xx

    Thank you Caddy and for following my blog! This is definitely one of my favourite glitters xX

    ReplyDelete