Saturday 10 December 2011

PCF - Christmas Challenge Day 10 - Most Festive Red

Hey lovelies!

Today's theme over at the Purple Crumpet Fairy group (Facebook) is "Most Festive Red".

For this manicure I decided to use one of my most recent purchases from OPI's new Muppets Collection "Getting' Miss Piggy With It". I used this polish for most festive red as it is a clear base packed full of red micro glitter and large red hexagon glitter and sporadic silver large hexagon glitter (very Christmassy!). Using this for my most festive red was a no brainer considering this just looks like Christmas packed into a bottle!

Ok so to achieve this look I first off used OPI's "Colour So Hot It Berns" as my base. This is a stunning shiny red creme with an opaque finish with two effortless coats. On top of this base I proceeded to layer OPI's "Getting' Miss Piggy With It" (I have to say I just love the name of this polish!) I used two layers of the glitter polish and it applied without any drama! Bonus!

Honestly, once I had finished I could not stop looking at my nails ... Oh the super shininess! Oh wow! Glitter heaven! Definitely my most festive red! So eye-catching! They looked metallic almost and reminded me of Minx nails .., I think I'm in love! Perfect Christmas colour! One of my favourites now! Love, love, love!!!!!

What do you think? Do you have a favourite festive red?

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty colour and super festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really good on you - i think it makes such a difference that you layered it over red. AND i am so jealous of your nail shape - so elegant, but i just can't get on when mine are that long xx

    ReplyDelete