Thursday 15 December 2011

PCF - Christmas Challenge Day 15 - Snowman

Good Morning Lovelies!

So it's day 15 of the Purple Crumpet Fairy Christmas Challenge (10 days until Christmas ...Eeek!!!) today's challenge is "Snowman". For this challenge I decided to recycle my previous mani Revlon's "Blue Mosaic" and I chose to do my snowman as an accent. For my snowman I used OPI's "Alpine Snow" and with a large dotting tool placed three dots onto my nail. The dots weren't big enough so I just stretched them out with the dotting tool. Next I did the red scarf using OPI's "Colour So Hot It Berns". I used the pointed end of my thinnest dotting tool to create the lines. Next I used Andrea Fulerton's "Dot and Flick" pen for the hat, eyes, mouth and buttons. Unfortunately I did small dots for the mouth but they were too close together and so all merged into one line! I drew his arms with a brown OPI and thin dotting tool and used an orange by Barry M for the carrot nose. I then decided to add some snowfall in the background.

Overall I am pleased with my first attempt at "real" nail art and my cute snowman.

What do you think of this festive accent manicure?

1 comment: